Bhapa chocolate Mishti doi is my variation to the famous Bengali Mishti doi which is loved by all once they have had the taste of it.
Bhapa chocolate Mishti doi is a delight for chocolate lovers. It’s a perfect dessert during summer. And this is so simple that it can be whipped up in no time once you have all the ingredients in hand.
My version is with coconut milk and jagerry. Coconut and chocolate, of course are wonderful together! And that can also be the only reason for you to try this delicious treat. Serving in these lovely kulhad makes the dessert extra special.
- Thick yoghurt 1 cup
- Thick Coconut milk 1/2 cup
- Low fat cream 1/4 cup
- Home made condensed milk 1/4 cup
- Organic Jagerry 1/4 cup
- Milk chocolate/dark chocolate 1/4 cup
I have referred the home made condensed milk recipe from dicencook.com
- Melt the jagerry on stove top. Microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds. If it’s not melted, mix it with the jagerry to melt it completely.
- Take yoghurt, coconut milk, home made condensed milk, low fat cream and whisk them well.
- When the jagerry and chocolate mixture is lukewarm add to the yoghurt mix and whisk everything well until properly combined, smooth and creamy.
- Take oven safe bowls or earthen pots, pour the yoghurt into them. Place the pots on a tray. Fill the tray with hot water in such a way that the bottom of pots are immersed in water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Allow it to come down to room temperature then refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your liking.
- Use freshly made coconut milk.
- You can make this using only coconut milk or only with cream
- Whisking well is important for a smooth creamy yoghurt.
- Refrigerating it longer helps in proper setting of the yoghurt.