Every first time event in one’s life is special, some are memorable and some are not. This recipe is special and memorable one to me because this was my first maida less cookie recipe experiment that I made and it was a successful one. It was for my little one’s evening snack and he totally loved it. Now these are regular cookies that I bake once every week for my hubby for his morning tea as we have completely stopped buying store biscuits.
I bake it in either elaichi, vanilla or jeera flavor. All of them are delicious and healthy.
- Wheat flour 1/2 cup
- Ragi flour 1/2 cup
- Almond meal 1/4 cup
- Butter 1/3 cup
- Milk 1-2 tablespoon to bind the dough
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Cardamom 4/ pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon/ cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the dry ingredients salt, ragi, wheat and almond meal.
- Cream the butter and sugar to that add the flavor of your choice (cardamom/vanilla/jeera)
- Add the flours, mix them with the butter and sugar.
- Add milk to form a soft dough.
- Cling wrap and refrigerate it for half an hour.
- Roll it, cut with a cookie cutter and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- I made patterns on the cookie using a small lid, you can use anything to create beautiful patterns.
- You can increase the sugar as per your liking, the recipe is with less sugar.
- Bake it as per your oven temperature and timing.