A tasty yummy stuffed pizza bread recipe. With goodness of whole wheat makes this a very healthy treat. A vegetarian version of it without the salami is yummy too. I tried both versions and both are delicious! I make this often for our weekend breakfast.
- Organic whole wheat 250 g
- Fine semolina 50g
- Milk powder 1 tablespoon
- Warm water and milk 1 and 1/4 cup (1:1 ratio)
- Yeast 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar 2 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil 1/8 cup
For the stuffing
- Pizza sauce
- Thinly sliced green bell pepper 1/4 cup
- Thinly sliced yellow bell pepper 1/3 cup
- Thinly sliced onion 1/3 cup
- Mixed herbs 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilly flakes 1/2 teaspoon
- Mozzarella cheese 2 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chicken Salami 3-4, torn with hands
- To the flour, add semolina, milk powder, sugar, yeast and slowly add water to form a rough dough. Reserve some amount of the flour. Keep this covered for 20-30 minutes.
- To the autolysed dough add salt, rest of the flour and a tablespoon of oil.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and start kneading by stretching and pulling.
- Add rest of the oil while kneading.
- Knead for about 12-15 minutes till the dough bounces back.
- Keep the dough in a well oiled deep bowl and cling wrap it.
- Keep it aside for the first proofing.
- Once it doubles in size take the dough on the counter, punch out all the air.
- Roll it into rectangle on a floured surface.
- Apply pizza sauce, spread the sliced onions, bell peppers, salami, salt, pepper, mixed herbs, chilly flakes and cheese.
- Roll up the dough and seam the edges to seal.
- Place the dough in a greased baking tin, cling wrap it for the second rise .
- Brush the top with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes
- Before 5 minutes take our the loaf, brush with some more milk for a nice Brown colour crust.
- Take the loaf out of the tin on to a wire rack to cool down.
- Slice out and enjoy.
- The bread can be cling wrapped well and stored in fridge for 2-3 days.
- Don’t fill it up too much it will be difficult to roll.
- You can add any topping that you use for your pizza as filling here.
- If you are a beginner for more details on whole wheat bread you can check my Whole wheat bread recipe.