Back with another coconut cookies. I totally love coconut in cakes and cookies, it just makes everything so special! The combination is just perfect. I have used egg here which has also given a nice flavor to the cookies. Usage of jagerry and egg makes these cookies soft and chewy.
- Peanuts 40 g
- Desiccated coconut 20 g
- Organic wheat flour 60 g
- Organic jagerry 50 g
- Egg 1
- Butter 40 g
- Cardamom 2
- Pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Grind the peanuts with the seeds of cardamom into coarse powder. Small bits of peanut taste good so no need to grind to fine powder.
- Cream the butter and grated jagerry well for about 5 minutes, can use hand beater.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, beat for about a minute.
- Add desiccated coconut and ground peanut, mix well with your hand.
- Add the whole wheat flour and form a dough, this will be a sticky dough. If it’s too sticky you may add little more flour.
- Cling wrap it and refrigerate for an hour for it to set well so that cookies can be made.
- Pinch small amount of the dough, flatten it slightly between your palm and place on the parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown in colour.
- Take the tray out and let the cookies remain on the tray for 10 minutes before shifting to wire rack for complete cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Baking time and temperature as per your oven.
- You can make it eggless by using milk.
- No need of vanilla extract if you are making eggless.
- I just used my little finger to make impressions on the cookie, don’t they look cute? 😁