Today was the day to bake cookies for my little one. I always try to bake nutritious stuffs for him. So I was going through my shelf for various ingredients that I had. That’s when I found the banana flour which was lying in a corner. I purchased it a couple of months ago and used it just once. Today when I saw it, I thought I’d use it along with almond flour and coconut for my little one’s snacks.
I have never tried a gluten free recipe. Very apprehensive to bake without whole wheat flour so I have always used little bit of it in all my bakes. This time I thought I should overcome my fear and try a gluten free bake. I’m so glad I did, the outcome is awesome with great texture. My little one loved it. Flavored the cookies with cardamom, I don’t have to say how awesome it goes with coconut!
- Sorghum flour 1/4 cup
- Raw Banana Flour1/4 cup
- Almond meal 1/4 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1/4 cup
- Butter 1/4 cup
- organic raw sugar 1/4 cup
- Cardamom 3-4 pods
- Milk 2-3 teaspoon to make a soft dough.
- Grind the sugar with seeds of cardamom pods.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add desiccated coconut, mix well.
- Add the flours, mix well with the butter and sugar. Add milk as required to form a soft dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for half an hour.
- Shape the cookies by flattening between your palm. Place them on a baking dish. Leave gap between the cookies as they tend to spread.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 12-15 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- They will be soft, do not over bake them. On cooling they will harden.
- Keep them on the tray for 10-15 minutes then shift to wire rack for complete cooling.
- Store in airtight container, stays good for a week.
Do Check out my other banana flour recipe gooey cappuccino banana flour brownies