Monsoon soon approaching Mumbai and it is one of my favorite times in the city. There is something about Mumbai rains that makes it more special. And nothing beats hot-spicy snacks with a hot cup of strong filter coffee on rainy days. Since I’m going the healthy way I’ll be coming up with lot of baked, nutritious and tasty snacks this monsoon. You have a look at sprouted ragi chicken cutlet, baked poha raw banana and potato cutlet.
To start with, this one is a baked cutlet with variety of root vegetables like carrot, potato, sweet potato and beet root along with black chick peas. Beet root gives a bright color to the cutlets. My little one loved it. This is a good way to feed fussy kids. You can use different cookie cutters to give your cutlets shape to make it attractive for your kids.
- Beetroot, 1 small
- Carrot, 1 medium
- Sweet potato, 1 small
- Potato, 1 large
- Capsicum, 1 small
- Green chilies, 2, chopped
- Black chickpea, boiled and mashed 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves, chopped, 1/3 cup
- Oats 1 cup
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat masala 1 Teaspoon
- Ginger, 1 inch
- Onion, 1 medium
- Lime juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for brushing
- For tempering
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 1 spring
- Boil the potato, beet root, carrot and sweet potato on high for two whistle. No need to make them too soft.
- Grate all the boiled vegetables, along with capsicum and ginger.
- Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and mashed black chick peas.
- Add roasted cumin powder, chat masala and lime juice.
- Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves in a tablespoon of oil, add to the vegetables mixture.
- Add salt, oats and mash everything well.
- If it’s sticky add a little gram flour.
- Shape the cutlets, place them on a greased baking tray, brush a little on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- You can store these cutlets for up-to 4 days in fridge, reheat in microwave before serving.
- You can use other vegetables like raw banana, peas etc.
- Baking time and temperature as per your oven.