A fiery chicken recipe made with green chillies, red chillies and black pepper, with dry roasted curry leaves acting as the cherry on the top. If you love hot and spicy gravy then this recipe is for you. Serves a delicious side dish to chapati, naan or kulcha.
- Chicken pieces 500 g
- Curd for marination
- Nigella seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion, 1 medium, chopped
- Tomato 1 medium
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- green chilies 3-4
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chilly powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry roasted curry leaves
- Marinate the chicken with curd, salt and turmeric powder for at least 1 hour.
- To a Kadai add mustard oil, temper with Nigella seeds and fennel seeds.
- Add onions, once it turns translucent add ginger and garlic paste. Saute for few minutes.
- Meanwhile grind tomato and chilly into a paste, add the paste followed by cumin powder, salt, pepper.
- Add the chicken and mix everything well.
- Cover and simmer till the chicken is cooked. Keep checking and stirring in between. Add water as per your desired consistency. Chicken will take approximately 20-25 minutes to cook.
- Crush the curry leaves with hand and spread it over the chicken gravy in the end, give it a mix. Cover and keep it for 10-15 minutes for the flavors to blend well before serving.