Fusion of Bengali and continental flavors making a delicious, mildly spiced grilled fish. The grilled fish is flavored with kasundi and radhuni, both of which are a typical of Bengali cuisine with former being the pungent mustard sauce and the latter is wild celery. The marinade also contains apple cider vinegar, olive oil and lime juice giving the continental touch. This can be made with Indian Salmon or king fish as well.
This is a very simple grilled fish recipe gets ready in a jiffy. Accompanied with a salad, it can be a good option for a light and healthy dinner or lunch. Do check out easy grilled recipe garlic pepper grilled prawns.
- Herring fish 4 steak
- For Marinade
- Ginger 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1/2 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoon
- Olive oil 2 tablespoon
- Radhuni (Wild celery) 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasundi mustard 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Chilly flakes 1 tablespoon
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under marinade.
- Rub the fish steaks with the marinade well and keep for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill pan to smoking hot then place the fish and grill from both sides. Takes about 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot with butter rice or salad.